Saturday, September 15, 2012

Triangle Necklace


Recently I had the privilege ofteaching a six-week jewelry course at a local middle school.  I went over the basics with them,sawing, soldering and bezel making. It was a lot of fun! For their final project they were to make any pieceof jewelry with a stone setting to display the skills they had learned.  This was the piece I made as an exampleso I could show them how to set stones. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  I love the negative space; it has inspired me to incorporatenegative space in some of my newer pieces.  I also used a cabochon stone, because I thought it would beeasier for the kids to set.  I wasn’tsure about the stone at first because I mostly work with faceted stones but Ithink the cabochon works well with this piece. 


No comments: